After a very difficult year in 2011, the majority of car dealerships are expected to only slightly increase their marketing spend throughout 2012 in order to be able to survive during times of economic troubles.
Many car dealerships don’t have a lot of money to spend on marketing and advertising for their dealership, but this doesn’t mean you have to sit back and hope for the best. There are many cheap or free online marketing methods car dealers can use to connect with potential customers.
Below, we have included sevenn proven marketing strategies you can use to boost customer attainment and build-up sales in 2012.
1. Create a car dealer website – This is where Viper Image Media can assist! Viper Image Media offer car dealerships the opportunity to purchase their own website in order to advertise their auto trade online as well as advertise their stock of vehicles on the internet.
There are two options to choose from, so it really depends how much money you wish to invest in online advertising.
The first option would cost a one off payment of £149.99 +VAT. This would include a free domain name for the car dealership, a year free hosting with Viper Image Media, we get you up and running with your website and then it becomes very simple for you to operate.
If you wish to invest a little more money in your car dealer website, then the second option for £299.99 +VAT which includes a domain name for the car dealership, a year free hosting with Viper Image Media, we get you up and running with your website which then becomes very easy for you to upload stock and continue with use. The added benefit with this option is that it includes a FREE mobile website. This means that customers would be able to access your website with ease from their Smartphones.
Give Viper Image Media a call to discuss online advertising on 08456 432 110.
2. List your business on all free directory sites available to you – Some of the online business directory services allow businesses to create a free listing. Add details such as your company website, a map, phone number and business hours.
3. Use email to keep in touch with your customers - You may already have the email addresses of your best customers, so use them!
An email newsletter is a great way to connect with your loyal customers and you can also add an image and a link to your website.
4. Create business pages on social media sites – Social networking is here to stay, so your dealership could start by creating a Facebook business page and a Twitter account in the dealership’s name; both of these are free for you to do.
Make sure to encourage your customers to sign up for your social media pages by printing your Facebook address and Twitter handle on all business materials; and include the details in your website and newsletter.
5. Get creative with promotions – Everyone loves a bargain! People are increasingly price sensitive during one of worst recessions in decades so try offering different types of promotions.
You could use one-off discount coupon codes, a refer-a-friend discount or even a discount for writing a review of your business. These offers could be advertised on your website, newsletter and social media sites.
6. Search online for all businesses like yours – Use Google, Twitter and Facebook to find other dealers in your area to get a feel for what marketing tricks your competitors are using.
7. Show your expertise - There are many sites where experts can provide answers to people asking question. Search these sites for questions related to the cars you sell and then provide answers or advice to them.
Car dealers are a hard-working bunch used to doing what it takes. So take time in 2012 to invest in the growth of your car dealership.
About Adrian Pitt
Connect with me on Google+